- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can mixed beans, drained
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 50g Pilgrims Extra Mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp Branston Small Chunk Pickle
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 4 seeded rolls, lettuce, coleslaw and tomatoes
- Fry onion in half of the oil until golden brown.
- Tip beans into a large bowl with the onion and mash!
- Add breadcrumbs, egg, seasoning, cheese and pickle and mix.
- Divide the mixture into 4. Shape and flour burgers then chill!
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the burgers for 5 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Split rolls open, layer salad leaves on the base, top with coleslaw, the burger and slices of tomato and enjoy.