- 1/2 a small cauliflower, cut into florets (about 300g)
- 125g tenderstem broccoli, each stem cut into 3
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- A thumb sized piece ginger root, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 150g leftover roast chicken, shredded
- 4 tbsp Sesame dressing
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- A small handful coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 150g steamed rice, to serve
- Bring up a large pan of salted water to the boil and drop in the cauliflower, boiling for 3 minutes. Then add the Tenderstem and boil for one more minute before draining really well.
- Set a wok over a high heat and add the vegetable oil. When it’s smoking hot, tip in the drained cauliflower and tenderstem and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, allowing the vegetables to get a bit of colour. Add the peppers, spring onions, garlic, ginger and chilli, if using, and stir-fry for a few minutes, keeping the heat high, until the vegetables are tender but with plenty of bite.
- Add the chicken, Sesame Dressing and soy sauce and fry for another minute until the chicken is hot. Scoop into warm serving bowls, along with the rice and scatter with the coriander. Finally, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve immediately.