- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4cm piece of fresh root ginger, grated
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 red chillies, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 7g fresh coriander, chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- Zest and juice of ½ lime
- 105ml vegetable oil
- 4 Maris Piper potatoes, peeled, chipped and soaked in cold water
- 4 chicken breast quarters
- Sarson’s Malt Vinegar, to dress
- In a food processor or in a bowl with a hand blender, combine the garlic, ginger, garam masala, tomato purée, chillies and their seeds, cumin, paprika, coriander, lime juice and 60ml of the oil. Place the chicken on a plate and coat with the red mixture. Marinate in the fridge overnight, or for at least 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Drain the chipped potatoes and dry with kitchen towel. Add the remaining oil to a large bowl and toss the potatoes thoroughly in it. Turn them out onto an oven tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 mins, turning half way through, until golden. Meanwhile, place the chicken on a roasting tray and roast for 25-30 mins, until cooked through. Serve the chicken, sprinkled with the lime zest, and chips with a cucumber and onion salad.