- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100ml Sarson’s Malt Vinegar
- 1½ tsp Mustard powder
- 1½ tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp Tomato purée
- 350ml Passata
- 140g Dark brown sugar, unrefined
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 4-5 mins until soft.
- Add 100ml Sarson’s Malt Vinegar and all the other ingredients and bring to a simmer while stirring. Simmer for 10 mins until the sugar had dissolved and the sauce has become thick. Use straight away or store in the fridge.
- To enjoy on chicken wings and thighs, pour over enough BBQ sauce to cover the chicken pieces and then cook at 200C/ 180C fan/ Gas Mark 6 for 30-35 minutes.