For raspberry vinaigrette
- Sarson’s Malt Vinegar
For the chips
- King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes
- Salted water
- Peanut oil (for deep-frying)
- Pink peppercorns
- Prepare raspberry vinaigrette by crushing a few raspberries and tossing together with a little sugar and Sarson's Malt Vinegar.
- Peel and cut King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes into 1/2cm slices then soak for 30 minutes in water.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut heart shapes out of soaked potato slices.
- Drain and boil in salted water for 5 minutes until just tender.
- Drain and pat dry with some kitchen paper.
- Heat peanut oil for deep-frying to 180ºC and fry in batches for 5 minutes until golden.
- Serving Suggestion: serve hot, sprinkled with salt and crushed pink peppercorns accompanied by raspberry vinaigrette.