- King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes
- Sarson’s Malt Vinegar
- Peanut oil (for deep-frying)
- Peel and slice King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes potato into paper-thin slices using a mandolin or food processor.
- Soak for 1 hour in water. Drain and toss in Sarson’s Malt Vinegar, leave to soak for a further hour.
- Drain and thoroughly pat dry with kitchen towel and then deep fry in peanut oil heated to 180C for 1 minute 30 seconds until golden.
- Serving Suggestion: sprinkle with salt and serve cold.