- 2tsp nut oil
- 2tsp grated Ginger
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red Chilli, finely diced
- 1 cooked Chicken breast, torn into bite size pieces
- 8 Mushrooms, sliced if large (oriental mushrooms if you can get them)
- 2tbsp Sarson’s Malt Vinegar
- 700ml Chicken stock
- 2tbsp Dark soy sauce
- Handful of Bean sprouts
- 200g fresh Egg noodles
- 2 Spring onions finely sliced
- Juice of half a Lime
- Few Coriander leaves to serve
- In a large saucepan heat the oil and cook the ginger, garlic and chilli for a moment or two until they become fragrant. Add the chicken and mushrooms and toss in the spicy oil. Stir fry for a minute so it browns slightly then add 2tbsp Sarson’s Malt Vinegar. Stir well then add the stock and soy. Bring to the boil and add the noodles and bean sprouts to heat through.
- Squeeze in the lime juice, stir well and taste to check the balance of flavours. To serve carefully lift out the noodles and divide between two bowls then pour over the rest of the soup and sprinkle with spring onions. Add a few coriander leaves and another squeeze of lime and serve.