- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium white cabbage, shredded
- 300ml malt vinegar
- 150ml apple juice
- 1tbsp juniper berries, bruised
- 1tbsp salt
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and discard the outer leaves. Cut away the hard central core and shred the remaining cabbage finely.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan and cook the onion on a medium low heat until softened. Add the cabbage to the pan along with the vinegar, apple juice, berries and salt. Bring to a simmer.
- Transfer to a sterilised jar and store in the fridge.