- 500ml Sarsons Pickling vinegar
- 1tsp table salt
- 1tsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 peppercorns
- 500g Oyster mushrooms
- 2tbsp sherry
- Put all of the ingredients apart from the mushrooms and sherry into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes then pour in the sherry.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the mushrooms into a warm, sterilised 500ml jar and pour over the hot vinegar until the mushrooms are completely covered.
- Seal the jar and leave to mature for 2 weeks.
- Once the jar is opened eat within a few days.