- 1 medium red onion, very finely sliced
- 250ml Sarson’s Speciality Pickling Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small clove of garlic, halved
- 3 small sprigs thyme
- 1 small dried chilli
- Par blanch the onions by placing them in a sieve and slowly pouring boiling water over them. Leave to drain. Dissolve sugar and salt in a little warmed vinegar in the Kilner jars. Add remaining vinegar and flavourings. Add onions and stir gently.
- Store in refrigerator. They will keep for several weeks.