- 500g washed & peeled carrots, roughly cubed
- 300g distilled malt pickling vinegar
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g water
- 6 black cardamom pods
- 2tsp coriander seeds
- Sea salt
- Place the carrots in a plastic bowl and toss with enough sea salt to lightly cover all the cubes. Leave for at least 1 hour.
- In the meantime place all the other ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Immediately remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, drain off the excess liquid that has accumulated in the bottom of the carrot bowl. Place the carrots in a sterilized Kilner jar and cover with the room-temperature vinegar solution. Seal, and leave for 48 hours before serving.