- 2 large carrots (about 300g), peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 mooli (daikon) (about 350g), peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 3 mild red chillies, thinly sliced on an angle
- 600ml Sarson’s Speciality Pickling Blend
- To sterilise the jar, remove the rubber seals and put to one side. Put the jar in a large stainless steel pan, cover with water, bring to the boil and boil for 10 mins. Take off the heat, cover the pan and keep the jar warm until you are ready to fill it. Meanwhile put the rubber seal in a small pan and cover with water, bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 mins (boiling will damage the rubber). Cover the pan and keep warm until ready to fill the jar.
- Pack the prepared carrot, mooli (daikon) and chilli into the sterilised jars. Pour 600ml of Sarson’s Pickling Speciality Blend over the vegetables. Close the lid and leave for 2-3 hours before eating. Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.