- 5 peppers (a mix of red and yellow), deseeded and sliced into rings
- 3 banana shallots, sliced
- 500ml Sarson’s Speciality Pickling Blend
- 1 bay leaf
- To sterilise the jar, remove the rubber seals and put to one side. Put the jar in a large stainless steel pan, cover with water, bring to the boil and boil for 10 mins. Take off the heat, cover the pan and keep the jar warm until you are ready to fill it. Meanwhile put the rubber seal in a small pan and cover with water, bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 mins (boiling will damage the rubber). Cover the pan and keep warm until ready to fill the jar.
- Put the red peppers into the bottom of the sterilised jar. Add a layer of sliced shallot then a layer of yellow peppers. Repeat the layers until you have used all the peppers and shallots.
- Pour 500ml Sarson’s Pickling Speciality Blend over the vegetables and add a bay leaf down the side of the jar. Close the lid and leave for 2-3 hours before eating. Store in the fridge for up to 2 months.