- 1 Rib Eye steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Wasabi Style Dressing for drizzling
- It’s always easier to cook a thicker steak to perfection, so ideally choose a steak that is 3-4 cm thick.
- Remove from the fridge a good hour before you want to cook it, two would be better, to allow it to come to room temperature.
- When you are ready to cook, set a ridged griddle pan over a high heat and allow it to heat up for 10 minutes. Season the steak all over with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Once the griddle is hot, lay in the steak, and allow it to sear for 90 seconds, then turn it over and cook for another 90 seconds, pressing the meat down so its get maximum contact with the pan. Turn again and cook for a further 60-90 seconds, then flip once more for a final 60-90 seconds. A total cooking time of 6 minutes should give you a medium rare steak, so cook for a little less or a little more, as to your preference.
- Leave to rest, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes before serving.