- 2 quails
- 300g washed spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Three tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 125ml Muscat (or other sweet wine)
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp sesame dressing
- Reduce the wine until sticky, add the chicken stock and reduce again until only 75ml remains.
- Whisk in the sesame dressing, bring to the boil and then set aside.
- Whilst the wine is reducing heat a small pan with the vegetable oil.
- Season the quail inside and out with salt and pepper.
- When the pan is piping hot add the quail and brown on all sides. Add the butter and lower the heat.
- Keep basting the quail with butter until cooked and golden (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove the quail and pour off the fat.
- Add spinach and toss until wilted.
- Place the spinach on a plate next to the quail and drizzle the sauce over the top.