For the coleslaw
- Large Handful thin sliced red cabbage
- Large Handful thin sliced white cabbage
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 deseeded fresh red chilli, finely chopped, add to taste
- A pinch of golden caster sugar
For the ribs and marinade
- 2 rack of ribs approx 600g each, membrane removed
- 12 tbsp Mizkan sushi sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- Juice of two whole oranges
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- To make the slaw combine all the slaw ingredients together in a bowl except the sugar. Add sugar to taste. Leave covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
- For the ribs, combine all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Once the membrane is removed from the ribs place the rack and the marinade in a plastic food bag and leave to marinade for at least 4 hours but ideally overnight. To cook, preheat the oven to 130 degrees C, place the ribs and the marinade in a roasting tray (a good size to fit, so the ribs fit fairly snugly and the sauce bakes onto them rather than being burned away) and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook for 2 hours 45 min then remove the foil and cook for a further 15 minutes. If your ribs look like they need a little more caramelisation, turn the oven up to 160 and cook for 5-10 min to slightly char.
- Serve with the slaw.