For the salmon and marinade
- 4 tbsp Mizkan Sushi sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp minced fresh ginger
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 skin on salmon fillet approx 125g serving
For the rice
- Brown and wild basmati rice 80g (or preferred rice cooked according to pack instructions)
- Large pinch of salt
- ½ tsp butter
- Single serving bunch fine Asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp butter
- Prepare the marinade by combining in a bowl and mix. Take out just under half the marinade and reserve for later. Put the remaining marinade in a plastic bag with the salmon fillet and allow to marinade in the fridge for 30 mins to one hour.
- Rinse the rice through with cold water and drain. Place the rice in a small, lidded pan with 160ml cold water, the salt and butter. Bring to the boil, stir thoroughly and place the lid on. Turn heat right down to low and leave for 10 minutes. Stir after ten minutes and replace lid, cook for a further 10 minutes. Check the rice is cooked through, stir again and replace the lid and leave to keep warm while cooking the salmon and asparagus.
- For the salmon, place in a foil lined pan or tray, and grill on medium to high for around 5 minutes. Remove salmon and coat thickly with more of the marinade that was reserved.
- Cook the salmon for a further 3-5 min depending on thickness until cooked and the glaze caramelised.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan, add the asparagus and toss in the asparagus and cook until tender. Add the garlic, toss through then set aside until ready to serve.
- Serve the salmon with the rice and asparagus.