For the burgers
- 250g minced beef (10-15% fat)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp Mizkan Sushi sauce
- 1 tsp minced hot fresh chilli
- A dash of rapeseed oil
For the filling
- Little gem or round lettuce
- 2 large slices of Beef tomato
- A few slices of red onion
- Strong cheddar 40g, sliced
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Mizkan Sushi sauce
- 2 toasted sesame brioche bun
- Combine the burger ingredients thoroughly by squeezing the mix through your hands to combine and form a patty shape. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Prepare the burger fillings, combine the mayonnaise and sushi sauce and split the buns ready for toasting.
- Cook the burgers in a frying pan with the oil for approx 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through. Add the cheese to the burger a minute or so before serving to allow the heat to begin melting.
- Leave to rest in the pan while toasting the bun. Coat the top and bottom of each side of the toasted bun with the sushi mayo, layer up with the lettuce, tomato, burger and cheese, top with onion and add the bun to finish.